Benefits of Membership
With Europas sold across the globe, the club aims to bring together the global community of Europa builders, owners and enthusiasts.
Whether you are embarking on building a Europa kit or have purchased a completed and flying aircraft, the club, via this site, offers members a wealth of archived technical information, with build manuals, modifications, factory hints and tips and “how-to’s”.
Once your aircraft is completed, the club aims to develop the social side of aviating, coordinating fly-ins, fly-outs and barbecues throughout Europe and the United States.
Membership of the Europa Club brings a number of benefits, apart from the obvious one of being a member of a group of people with a common interest in building and flying Europa Aircraft.
• Europa Flyer – a full color high quality publication featuring articles concerning the operation maintenance and building of Europa aircraft; information and details of modifications and experiences of owners and operators;, reports of trips, meetings and fly-ins; and updates from Swift Europa. The Europa Flyer is published 3 times a year and is available on line as well as by mail.
• Social Activities. The Club organises an annual dinner, Fly in meetings, Club seminars and DOTHs. These can be found in “Events”. (DOTHs are Drop Of The Hat meetings, usually along the lines of “lets meet for lunch tomorrow at ?”). Club seminars cover subjects include safety in all its aspects, builder’s tips & ideas, problems encountered & solutions developed, possible engine alternatives, type conversion training, maintenance, insurance, touring abroad and formation flying. In the UK the club exhibits at the LAA Rally. In the US the club is usually represented at Sun N Fun and Oshkosh and we try to organize one or two US/Canada fly-ins for Europa owners each year.
• Online Forum. The Club supports the online email Matronics forum and this Web Site. Although these are available to members and non-members alike, the Club encourages all those who find them useful to join.
• Modifications – the Club works extensively with the LAA and the Europa Company to document and formally approve popular modifications, saving duplicated effort, much red tape and a sensible approach to safety issues. As far as possible we will provide individual advice on modifications and assistance with LAA approval.
• Loans and Services – the Club has an ever growing collection of tools and other pieces of equipment that are only needed infrequently and these are available to members free of charge. The Club organises some services, such as weight and balance and propeller balancing, at significantly reduced cost.
• Hints and Tips – the Club has collected many hints and tips on building and flying. These are available on the website in “For Builders” and “For Pilots”.
• Access to the Rescue Service. The Rescue Service is available to all members of the club. The service is offered by the Europa Club to its members, by its members on an international basis. All participants are volunteers who have offered their services and/or facilities to other members in difficulties. Volunteers currently cover France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Canada and the USA. The help available is whatever the volunteer is prepared to offer. This could include use of a trailer, access to a workshop, tools, loan of parts, technical help, ferrying parts/people, accommodation, translation service, food, tea, coffee, beer or just sympathy. We will do all we can to get you on your way, but there are no guarantees. In reality, for most of us, a call for help will be a rare occasion. see
• Noise certificates. The club has available to members noise certificates for the various Europa configurations.
The Club’s success reflects the enthusiastic participation of the membership – submitting material for the Europa Flyer (trip reports, articles, queries, sales/want ads, etc); volunteering to help at meetings, fly-ins and other social activities; and helping with essential administrative work. Amongst our members there is a huge pool of knowledge and talent (on almost every subject you can imagine) and this is what we attempt to utilise. If you would like to help, once you have joined, please contact any committee member to find out where your input can be used.
The Club is always looking for new ideas on how it can make membership more useful and attractive, for overseas members as well as those in the UK. If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Committee.
How to Join
To join the Club, go to the Members tab on this website and click on “SIGN ME UP”. Club’s financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March, but Subscriptions run from the date you join. The current annual subscription is £25.00. The majority of UK members pay by Standing Order, which maximises the value of their subscription to the Club.
The subscription covers the publication and distribution by mail of the Europa Flyer, including airmail postage to overseas members worldwide.
Overseas members please note: we appreciate that paying in pounds sterling can be inconvenient and attracts bank charges for cheque (check) issuing, so we have made arrangements for you to pay by PayPal. If you don’t already have a PayPal account, you can use your credit or debit card through PayPal. If you use this facility, you simply pay in your local currency at the current exchange rate, as determined by your credit-card issuer.