Factory modifications consist of kits of parts and instructions available from Europa. They have the same status as LAA Standard Mods. You may install the mod and it can be signed for by your local inspector.
Some Modifications are Obsolete due to later mods or by being incorporated in the XS aircraft. You must check this list to ensure all mandatory mods have been incorporated in your aircraft.
Europa has been lax in that some modifications have no number or separate documentation.
Kit to Convert a Monowheel to a trigear
The Bug Eye mod has no number.
The Turbo Intercooler was the first Mod 70 but the Mod number was reused in error.
The Upholstery kit has no Mod number.
Mods Known Corrections
Corrections not included in current copies:
- Mod 65 (finger breaks) is still the Jamar master cylinder version.
- The Europa Mods do not have a document for the upholstery kit as this never had a Mod number.
- Mod 42, page 2. The picture is missing from the Europa copy but has been added to this copy and is available below.
Mods applicable to the Classic:
- Mod 24 /1 Optional, Seat width increase, 20.12.95, Optional,
- Mod 29 /2 Optional, Undercarriage damper (Issue 2), 1.11.96, (iss 2), All monowheel aircraft
- Mod 33 /4 Optional, Water drain valves installation, 9.96, As required
- Mod 34 /1 Optional, Fuel tank vent extension tube, 3.10.96, As required Combined Manual Issue 3
- Mod 38 /1 Optional, Fuel tank and sight gauge vents, 5.12.96, All aircraft Page 34-1 Issue 4
- Mod 42-3 Optional, Cold air inlet plenum modification, 20.8.97, As required Rotax 912 aircraft
- Mod 43 /7 Optional, Modification to tail wheel, 23.10.97, Monowheel aircraft as required
- Mod 47 /4 Optional, Extended baggage bay modification, 19.3.98, Pre-XS Europa fuselages as required
Mods applicable to the Classic and XS All mandatory modifications up to Mod 58 are incorporated in the XS kits.
The optional modifications you may wish to select are listed below:
- Mod 49 /2 Recommended, Modification to fuel filter, 24.9.98, All Rotax 912 Engined Europa’s Sept 2001
- Mod 50 /1 Recommended, Under wing Pitot/static, 24.9.98, All Pre-XS Europa’s
- Mod 51 /2 Optional, Landing gear retract lever strut, 4.2.99, All Mono-wheel Europas
- Mod 52 /4 Optional, Gross weight increase to 1370lb, 02.05.00, All pre XS Europas
- Mod 53 /2 Optional, Long ranger fuel tank, 4.6.99, All Europa aircraft, (NOT LAA approved for UK use)
- Mod 54 /1 Optional, Cranked 1” dia. control columns, 15.6.99, All Europa aircraft Combined Manual Issue 3
- Mod 55 /1 Optional, Speed kit – Mono-wheel, 7.9.99, All Europa Mono-wheel aircraft
- Mod 56 /2 Optional, Speed kit – Tri-gear, 03.00, All Europa Tri-gear aircraft
- Mod 59 /1 Recommended, Nose wheel shimmy damper, 01.10.01, All Tri-gear a/c, Combined Manual Issue 3
- Mod 60 /3 Optional, Electric fuel contents gauge (float type), 22.02.02, All Europa aircraft
- Mod 61a /2 Optional, Stall Warner (new build), 15.04.02, XS wing only, MANDATORY if no stall strips
- Mod 61b /2 Optional, Stall Warner (retrofit), 22.04.02, All Europa aircraft, MANDATORY if no stall strips
- Mod 62 /1 Optional, Torque tube pins replacement, 30.06.02, All Europa Aircraft
- Mod 63 /1 Optional, Instrument panel inserts, 30.06.02, All Europa Aircraft
- Mod 64 /2 Optional, Hi-Top Modification, 23.10.02, All Europa Aircraft
- Mod 65 /1 Optional, Finger Brake System, 09.10.03, Europa XS Tri-gear Aircraft (Old Jamar Version)
- Mod 66 /1 Optional, Door Gas Strut Repositioning, 09.10.03, All Europa Aircraft
- Mod 67 /1 Optional, Cockpit Width Increase.
- Mod 68 /1 Optional, Electric flap drive – conventional taildragger, 10.1.04, taildragger Europas
- Mod 69 /1 Optional, Wing tie down points, 10.01.05, XS aircraft only
- Mod 70 /1 Mandatory, Tailplane Mass balance arm replacement, 06.2005,
- Mod 71 /1 Optional, Nose gear leg bungee, replacement with springs, 01.05.2006, XS Tri-gear Aircraft
- Mod 72 /1 Mandatory, Undercarriage mounting frame strengthening, 01.12.2006, Most Europa Aircraft.
- Mod 73 /1 Mandatory, Tailplane retention, 01.07.2007, All Europa Aircraft.
- Mod 74 /1 Mandatory, Wing rear attachment reinforcement, 01.08.2007, All Classic with foam core wings.
- Mod 75 /3 Optional, Roll trim autopilot for TruTrak, Trio, Dynon. (revamp of LAA SM10507)
- Mod 76 /3 Optional, Altitude hold autopilot for TruTrak, Trio, Dynon.
- Mod 77 /1 Optional, Push rod rudder drive (revamp of LAA SM11414)
- Mod 78 /2 Mandatory, Glider Wing Spar Reinforcement
- Mod 79 Optional, Slim centre consule for trigear (Details to follow)